Personal Chef Service -
My Blog

One Handed Chef

It has been three weeks since I have cooked anything. I'm a chef-a holic.

No, actually I am recovering from carpal tunnel surgery which has meant no cooking, typing in very small doses and certainly no heavy lifting. This week (week 3) I am starting to test things a little. I peeled a carrot and was so proud. I cut an onion yesterday and thought that was great. I made cupcakes with the help of my food processor today too. Woo hoo! Yeah, not the same.

How have I survived you ask? My husband has stepped up and has helped me (well actually I merely told him what to do and he did all the work) make some great dinners. We have had tuna with a cranberry pink grapefruit conserve, fennel and carrot confit, a minted vinaigrette over snap peas, empandas filled with soy crumble picadillo (raisins, cinnamon, olives and onions), and cauliflower tahini salad with lentils and dates. We went out for Indian, had procini chestnut soup from the freezer and a salmon with a thyme lemon rub (not a favorite). I did roast a few Brussels sprouts - love them. And a nice salad with a pink grapefruit, champagne vinegar and shallot dressing.

Other than that - not much. I do promise to expand my views, and at least talk food if I can't truly make the food. I am looking into exotic spices and how to use them. Cupboard staples that are often overlooked. And looking forward to working with a fellow chef in his Caja Chine this summer.....stay tuned. So much more to come!  In the meantime - I am teaching a hands-on (students that is) African cooking class this week at the Dover-Sherborn Adult Ed (MA) and really looking forward to it.

What's on your mind? Looking forward t spring produce or thinking towards summer? Have celebrations for anniversaries, birthdays and babys? I can help with ideas, actually cooking in the Boston area and or writing about such things if it of interest to you, my readers. Just ask! I appreciate your continued readership and hope to keep you entertained in the years to come.

7 Comments to One Handed Chef:

Comments RSS
Crispy Crackers on Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:08 AM
Nice blog regarding some cooking tips. These must be helps us in cooking. Please keep sharing these type of blogs.
Reply to comment

commercial catering equipment on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:03 AM
Nice entertaining blog post. I have read few more from the list and some cooking tips that you have shared are very helpful.
Reply to comment

what are some good places to eat in las vegas on Friday, April 25, 2014 5:00 AM
This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best article i ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article
Reply to comment

rolex replica on Friday, June 27, 2014 10:06 PM
Thanks for updating that.
Reply to comment

gucci bags on Friday, June 27, 2014 10:07 PM
Thanks for sharing with us such informative post.
Reply to comment

omega watch on Friday, June 27, 2014 10:09 PM
I will surely try this at my home.
Reply to comment

uhren on Monday, July 28, 2014 9:45 PM
Der junge Arzt lie? sich nicht lang bitten,Swiss Replica Uhren untersuchte den Star und attestierte ihm, dass er nur maximal zwei Songs durchhalten würde. Aber eigentlich ist das K nur das Eingest einer verlorenen Schlacht,Replica Uhren Deutschland die das macht die Sache pikant Thalia erlebte, nachdem die Mayersche ihr mit den gleichen Mitteln den Rang streitig machte, mit denen die Gro bis dato ihre Expansion betrieben haben: den etablierten Wettbewerbern schiere Gr und optimierte Grundrisse vor die Nase zu setzen. Au? Replica Uhren Deutschland m sind die vier Bildtrommeln zu einer Einheit zusammengefasst und nicht mehr einzeln austauschbar. Viele Uhren Deutschland ligen in Europa und der ganzen Welt waren ebenfalls betroffen - darunter auch die Türkei oder eine so gro?e Uhren Deutschland nation wie Italien.Replica Uhren Deutschland Auf Wunsch w Swiss Replica Uhren n auch Hundebetten und Fressnapf-Garnituren gestellt.
Reply to comment