Personal Chef Service -
My Blog

March cooking

I am sorry to tell you that cooking was a bit boring this week....a Brussels sprout and anchovy pasta recipe off the back of the pasta box sounded good. Must admit though - it needed garlic! Anchovies, blanched Brussels sprouts and shallots tossed with olive oil and fettuccine - easy, pretty, and could stand a few toasted walnuts too. Or is that just me?

A fava bean mulligatawny soup from my Daily Soup cook book was delicious with garam masala, coriander, cumin, cayenne, cardamom, tomatoes, coconut milk and fava beans replacing the lentils.  A little fresh spinach and lemon juice at the end to round things out made a great cold weather meal.
Here is a very similar recipe for you to try.

A sautee of leftovers resulted in a nice shrimp, leek and tomato dish that went nicely over brown rice and black beans. I used the spice mix from last week for flavor - delicious!

This week I will be trying sweet potato falafel w/ barley and asparagus that sounded interesting. Love falafel, but my husband is not such a fan. Perhaps this dish will change his mind.
Next week I am going to be turning over my kitchen to my beloved as I will be getting a "chef's hand upgrade (known as carpal tunnel surgery to most people) and will not be doing any cooking. I will continue to share ideas and stories and keep you posted on recovery. Thanks as always for reading!

14 Comments to March cooking:

Comments RSS
earthwise bag company on Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:57 AM
A fava brain mulligatawny broth from my Regularly Predicament grill novel was delicious along garam masala, coriander, cumin, cayenne, cardamom, tomatoes, coconut exploit moreover fava brains replacing the lentils.

replica rolex watches on Friday, March 14, 2014 3:56 AM
They must be given a timepiece so that you can receive money backside people devoted to get extra sales. A person make look at fee that you can buy is definitely above it has the simple cost. Nonetheless your repeat look at by using very similar level of quality would not be expensive to get you will see virtually no number with capital appeared to be devoted with regard to propagandas. Your repeat different watches exclusively fee its real cost.

Black Rice Mushroom Risotto on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 1:36 AM
I always find something very useful that really helps to develop my cooking skills. thanks a lot for updating me.

commercial food equipment on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:13 AM
Best wishes for your recovery and will keep coming for the updates till than do take care of yourself and come up with some really nice recipes.

check cashing on Saturday, March 22, 2014 2:55 PM
This is the first flash I even have glimpsed your at alleviate and do opt to apprise you – it's primarily specific to glimpse which i absorb your sturdy paid work. but if you most likely did it in academic degree very very easy manner that may be extremely satisfying. but over all I unquestionably suggested you and clear in your brain will contain up for added mails like this. articulate feeling you most.

where to find good restaurant in las vegas on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 4:46 AM
This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best article i ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.

Loola 2 on Sunday, April 06, 2014 11:08 PM
sharing information is very interesting, I am very interested. thanks for sharing, wish you will have the following interesting information.

Free Commodity Tips on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:13 AM
Best tips you have provided here about cooking. Unless you absolutely know what you are doing in the real estate markets, stocks are the best way to go for the long-term investor. Short -term, options with equities as a hedge.

http://www.cheapestvoipprovider.com on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 1:53 AM
Good article keep it up.

Hopy on Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:34 AM
good information thanks for sharing, I am glad that

A10 on Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:46 AM
Good article sharing and keep it the best thing

Kizi on Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Z6 games on Sunday, July 20, 2014 12:43 PM
I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!.

uhren on Monday, July 28, 2014 9:43 PM
Februar, neue konkrete Vorschl?ge für die Steigerung der Energiesparbemühungen vorzulegen. Replica Uhren Deutschland Angesichts ihres neuen Albums "Highwire Poetry" stellt sich schon die Frage, warum die 33-J beim Horrorfilm "Hidden" mit Replica Uhren Deutschland te. Besonders in kleinen Wohnungen kann ein liebevoll herausgeputzter Eingangsbereich zu einem weiteren Zimmer werden.Replica Uhren Deutschland Im vergangenen Jahr gingen beim FIWC weltweit rund 900 000 Teilnehmer an den Start. Replica Uhren Deutschland Jetzt g?nnen Sie ihr und sich selbst eine kleine Pause.