Personal Chef Service -
My Blog

Cooking Chef's Style - sauteeing through the masses

Another week, another set of recipes. This week we were very happy with our selections overall. A simple spice rub from Gourmet really added a lot of flavor to shrimp. The bay leaf was a nice touch to this coriander heavy dusting - which would be great on pork and chicken too.  The recipe makes a lot - so have a spare jar handy to store the rest, or cut recipe in half. Or more.....

We ate this with Brussels sprouts sauteed with soy chorizo (original recipe called for ham) - delicious and better with age. The pecans added a nice crunch and even my husband loved them. He is not the biggest fan of these green guys.

FoodNetwork offered a full menu for us to try this week - they always offer but I don't always bite.  But the roasted salmon with walnut pepper relish, spiced squash and kale chips all sounded really good to me. Note the Kale chips don't stay crispy in the fridge - but still delicious. The walnut relish could work on any fish, or as a topping for grilled asparagus or even broccoli. We omitted the yogurt (couldn't find the coconut yogurt I love) and pomegrante seeds were out of season, so I used a little drizzle of pomegranate molasses and a squoosh of lime to finish the squash. I am sure you could use dried cranberries too - especially around the fall holidays. Great flavors, colorful plating and delicous!  We both loved this meal that was easy to prepare, and quick too.

I did a quick white bean and asparagus cassoulet from Cooking Light - asparagus were on sale so that prompted me to use them. This dish was creative, but overall needed a little something - black pepper for starters. Even as a vegetarian - I missed the bacon in this classic dish. Not a favorite.....

I also did a lemony stir fry tofu (originally chicken) from Food and Wine. Delicious fresh flavors, but the color was off putting - add a few veggies or more green onion to brighten it up.  Despite that - this was delicious and would be really good with the chicken too. Add sliced lemons to garnish if serving for a crowd.

I made an cara cara orange salad dressing to go over arugula, bean sprouts, orange sections and finished with pistachios. Delicious!

Well that was my week - hope you enjoyed the recipes over the past week, and I will continue to share my ideas, trials, and information regarding good eating.

11 Comments to Cooking Chef's Style - sauteeing through the masses:

Comments RSS
dissertation writing plan on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:48 AM
Grateful to have discovered the details related my requirements. This will really help me in finishing my perform quickly and promptly. Thanks for sharing.
Reply to comment

Paleo recipe book on Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:24 AM
Very nice recipes shared in your post as always you know the taste and style of food that people like.
Reply to comment

Chef Laura on Monday, April 21, 2014 6:56 AM
Thank you! Glad I can inspire.....

Walthall on Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:12 PM
Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your next write ups thank you once again.
Reply to comment

Walthall on Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:13 PM
Reply to comment

bags reusable on Saturday, March 22, 2014 1:17 AM
The walnut gusto could process on some bass, or as a topping for grilled asparagus or steady broccoli.
Reply to comment

Pills on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:59 AM
Good post ! I just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been conducting a little research on this. Well done!
Reply to comment

voip service providers on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 1:52 AM
I unquestionably suggested you and clear in your brain will contain up for added mails like this. articulate feeling you most.
Reply to comment

uhren on Monday, July 28, 2014 9:42 PM
Fokusmodelle sind Plain Toes,Replica Uhren Deutschland Penny-Loafers, Stra und Mokassins. Bei einem Ausflug an den Strand machen sie in einer alten Schmugglerh?hle eine brisante Entdeckung: Georges Vater Quentin (Michael Fitz), ein berühmter Erfinder, soll entführt w Replica Uhren n! Lasst euch da nicht aus dem Konzept bringen,Replica Uhren Deutschland ich sage ja bewusst immer:kreuzt,kreuzt,kreuzt! 000 card complete-Akzeptanzpartner sukzessive ausgegeben. Km-Pauschale kann nicht nach den gefahrenen km dem FA gegenüber geltend gemacht w Replica Uhren n,Replica Uhren Deutschland sondern man mu? sich die km vom FA zurechnen lassen!
Reply to comment

wie Wettquoten arbeiten on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:51 PM
Sollten Sie Sie haben zu Wette ueber Residenz Mitarbeiter?Es ist nicht Sache einen Unterschied machen Leichtathletik Sie bevorzugen bis Wette auf.
Reply to comment

Cheapest Voip Provider on Friday, September 12, 2014 3:00 AM
amazing layout and content.
Reply to comment