Personal Chef Service -
My Blog

Continuing Cooking Trials

Back on track a bit this week - some really good recipes for my clients, including a beautiful pear and almond tart and delicious scallop burgers scented with ginger and cilantro......
But this isn't about my clients....for once (I mean that in the best way - I take good care of my clients). This is about what the chef ate. Or is it?

Well in our house this week, we had Halibut with an apple cider sauce from Williams Sonoma's Savoring Spain and Portugal Cookbook.

Yellow Onion and garlic are sauteed in butter, thickened with a little flour and a softened dried chile is added. I used aleppo powder as the chile type was not specified. Add chopped tomatoes, apples and cook to soften. Add cider (I used regular cider in place of the hard cider specified - mainly because I had some)
Puree mixture once apples are soft, and reserve. Cook 2 potatoes (I used sweet potato) until partially cooked, flour fish filets and pan fry in olive oil until lightly browned. Add potatoes, cider sauce and whole clams. Bake until clams open - 15 mins or so. Delicious!
I served this with Brussels Sprouts roasted and scented with juniper and thyme - inspired by this recipe from Food and Wine Magazine. No proscuittio in ours - but I bet it would have been delicious....

I also made Food and Wine's Cauliflower and Quinoa salad for lunches at work. Needed a little extra olive oil in my opinion, but good warm or cold.

Leftovers, a night out and watercress soup filled the rest of the week for us.....hope your dinner table was delicious. As Alton Brown said in his one man show Friday night - One of the most important kitchen tools is the kitchen table....everything else is just poop in 12 hours. Bon Appetit!

6 Comments to Continuing Cooking Trials:

Comments RSS
EWP Training Melbourne on Sunday, March 02, 2014 5:50 AM
Pretty interesting post thank you for sharing.
Reply to comment

Obducat on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:51 AM
It’s a nice post to comment here.I am inspired by this blog.
Reply to comment

Office Furniture Supplier on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:24 PM
Well, this is my first visit to your blog!Your blog provided us valuable information.You have done a marvelous job
Reply to comment

New China Barn on Wednesday, April 02, 2014 9:22 AM
Grilled Halibut with Apple Cider Butter Halibut (and salmon) in my opinion, don't need a lot of seasoning, sauces, or marinades. When they are fresh, they are delicious on their own, with possibly just a bit of kosher salt and cracked pepper. If I'm going to do anything to these fresh, Pacific Northwest fish, I'll throw a little Tom Douglas rub on them and slap them on the grill.
Reply to comment

Darrell Rigley on Monday, April 07, 2014 7:13 AM
It is a great story to comment upon.Really the author is awesome.
Reply to comment

uhren on Monday, July 28, 2014 9:41 PM
Fokusmodelle sind Plain Toes,Replica Uhren Deutschland Penny-Loafers, Stra und Mokassins. Bei einem Ausflug an den Strand machen sie in einer alten Schmugglerh?hle eine brisante Entdeckung: Georges Vater Quentin (Michael Fitz), ein berühmter Erfinder,Swiss Replica Uhren soll entführt w Replica Uhren n! Lasst euch da nicht aus dem Konzept bringen, ich sage ja bewusst immer:kreuzt,kreuzt,kreuzt! 000 card complete-Akzeptanzpartner sukzessive ausgegeben. Km-Pauschale kann nicht nach den gefahrenen km dem FA gegenüber geltend gemacht w Replica Uhren n,Replica Uhren Deutschland sondern man mu? sich die km vom FA zurechnen lassen!
Reply to comment