Personal Chef Service -
My Blog

Recipe Resolution

As a foodie, cook and personal chef, I am always on the look out for new recipes, ideas and flavor combinations. As many of my peers well know, this is great fun, but can result in a deluge of paper - magazines, things we tear out or print from the web. There is not enough time or energy to sort through it all, and yet we keep looking for more, despite that huge file in the corner. Write your post here.

So my resolution to myself - go through old magazine, tear out what I think I will really make. That took over a month. Then sort through all those tear outs, file them by category....another few days. And now I am ready. I vow to cook three things a week until those files are empty. The good recipes I will keep in my "Made It" binder, the rest - tossed out. In doing this I also hope to discover some inspiration, new flavors or just simple good recipes I might not have made otherwise. Or even an old favorite!

This week, I am making Food Network's Molasses Biscuits with wheat germ, oatmeal and thyme to go with an orange fish and clam stew (OK this one is from a really nice cookbook, which I refuse to tear apart). The biscuits were to die for with a dark sweetness underlying the salty thyme biscuit. The orange stew was good, the mint on top really nice with the fish and orange, but it needed more clams, and a little heat. A thin broth, more appetizer soup than dinner soup. Perhaps adding some diced potato for a heartier meal.

Cooking Light's Black Bean Burgers with Mango Salsa and Cabbage and Red Pepper Slaw with Red Hot Almonds from Bon Appetit. LOVED this cole slaw - and the spicy almonds were delicious as a crunch factor in this slaw. The black bean burgers, made with chickpeas because we goofed in this household (I blame my cold) were delicious too and the avocado and mango salsa on top was really refreshing. Though fruit salsas are not new, this was a good one.

Food and Wine's Stuffed Kale with Bulgur Tabbouleh will pair nicely with a nice green salad. The reality of this dish was healthy, colorful goodness. However rolling kale leaves that are small to start around a loose filling, not so easy. Perhaps a chard or collard leaf might work better. SO we chopped up the kale and ate it in a bowl tossed with the filling. Since dairy is out - we did skip the yogurt sauce but the recipe really ended some creaminess. Feta, yogurt sauce or something. Still a keeper in our house and so pretty.

So that is the good eating in our house....now to figure out next week's menu. Any requests?

9 Comments to Recipe Resolution:

Comments RSS
dissertation on Monday, January 20, 2014 3:59 AM
This thing is really helpful, but most of all it is really great recipe.Thank you for sharing this post.
Reply to comment

Beet root sliders on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:28 AM
Really great recipes of fish are posted by the blogger. Also in the posted pics the recipe looks awesome. I will surely try this. Please keep posting this type of interesting recipes..

Red Stone Catering on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:36 AM
Even i like to try new recipes. And the way you search your old magazine for recipes i look at my old diaries for ingredients. Regards, Willaim
Reply to comment

Cooking equipment in Brisbane on Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:46 AM
Really excellent work done by you with posting these cooking recipes. I must be try all these recipes because I am a big foody.

mens leather hooded jacket on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:18 AM
Excellent content. Something that relates to our life.
Reply to comment

betta fish bowl on Wednesday, March 05, 2014 2:30 AM
Thanks for contributing your important time to post such an interesting & useful collection on Recipe Resolution.It would be knowledgeable & resources are always of great need to everyone.Please keep continue sharing the information on your blog.
Reply to comment

Traffic Management Courses on Saturday, March 15, 2014 3:10 PM
This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best article i ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article.
Reply to comment

Office Supplies Brisbane on Saturday, March 29, 2014 5:36 AM
It proved to be Very helpful to me thank for sharing..
Reply to comment

favoursplus.com.au on Wednesday, September 03, 2014 11:26 AM
When graphic facilitation is integrated with expert design and facilitation, the process of effective collaboration can be fully realized
Reply to comment