Personal Chef Service -
My Blog

Vegan eating week 3

In week three of my vegan diet I started getting a little looser with dinners. Mixed veggies over pasta, veggie burger, seaweed salads, and a trip out to a Mexican restaurant. This was the biggest challenge....going out to dinner. I looked at the menu ahead of time to try to plan ahead. They had veggie stuffed poblano peppers, veggies crepes with a salsa verde and salads. It was snowy and cold, so salad was out. I asked about the peppers, if the cheese could be left off the top. Our waiter informed me their was cheese inside too. OK, so then the crepes would be good - no cheese, but the waiter alerted me to the sour cream mixed into the filling, not just on top. He already hated me for not ordering a margarita, but instead chose a nice glass of red....so I decided not to push my luck. Politeness, and a lack of options chose the crepes for dinner. They were very good, but I left a lot of the sauce on the dish to avoid an over indulgance of sour cream. Since when does salsa verde have sour cream??
I have to say I felt lousy the next day....could it really be the sour cream? Was my breathing really affected by a touch of dairy? I am not sure....but Sunday morning was not a great day for feeling good.

My girlfriend, whom we went to dinner with, was very supportive of my new dietary choices, but her husband's eye brow went up when the topic of vegan came up. It seemed a relief to him (a die hard meat eater, veggie avoider) that I chose vegan for health and not for philosophy....I guess that is the kind of vegan that is a nut, throwing paint on fur coats, and living in the woods eating nuts and berries. The health reason resulted in a good luck to ya - I couldn't do it. That's ok.

The rest of the week was easy - sweet potato and lentil stew, sauteed kale and butternut, an eggplant, peppers and sun dried tomato mix was a favorite - even added a few capers. Miso and rice wine vinegar dressing, as well as dijon cider vinegar dressing was good, but switched to straight up fig balsamic last night. I discovered cherry pit powder for a huge dose of vitamin C, and sun dried peppers which are amazingly strong in flavor, and delicious!

I have noticed my tolerance for wine is down - one glass and I feel it. My desire for meat is gone, ice cream doesn't appeal, and I actually really like almond and soy milk. I am starting to feel like I am eating a lot of the same flavors, so will try to mix things up this week. I have so many grains, beans and  recipes to try. We are having a farro salad with eggplant this week, and next week I will try making Seitan and tofu filled ravioli. Can't wait!

Oh yes....this is a diet, right? And I told you I wanted to lose a few pounds, lower my blood sugars. Well sugars are a bit lower overall, but my weight is holding solid. Nothing in 2 weeks. This will be my week though - I can feel it!
I will measure everything, count every calorie and work out more. Or at least that is the plan.

Hope your new year's resolutions to eat better are working for you. Anyone have any chocolate to share? Doh!

33 Comments to Vegan eating week 3:

Comments RSS
research paper on Friday, September 21, 2012 4:31 AM
Thanks for sharing your own helpful tips! its really motivating!

Celebrity Dresses on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:41 PM
Once you have found a dress or two that you think will work, you will need to consider even more options. The style of dress you pick and its neckline should be considered. A dress with a scoop neckline will need the right accessories and undergarments to compliment the style. You will want to ask about what on the dress can be altered. If you don't like a certain part of the dress, such as the sleeves, can this be altered as well? You will want to ask for an estimate on alterations before you get them. You will also want to know if you can get discounts for buying bridesmaids dresses from the same shop.

Hot Evening Dresses on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:41 PM
Women who are planning a wedding have a great many decisions that they have to make. There are all of the details about where and when to have the wedding followed by more decisions about who to invite, what kind of invitations to have and who to include in the bridal party. After all of that is done comes the really big decision -- the wedding dress. There are several things that must be considered and the first decision is whether to look at designer bridal dresses or not. If you decide to start with designer bridal gowns, some of the criteria you need to consider is listed below.

Cheap Bridesmaid Dresses on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:42 PM
The search for the perfect dress usually starts with a general trip to the local bridal shop with several of the women who will also be part of the bridal party. Some brides have a very specific idea of the dress they are looking for while others start the shopping experience with the thought that they will "know it when they see it". As you begin the search for your dress, here are several things that you should consider.

Healthy Eating on Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:54 PM
Pretty impressive post!! Vegan eating is really good for health and body. It will help to develop body and health. I like to eat vegetables and try to eat every time with my food. Thank you so much for the info.

follow the link on Monday, November 05, 2012 5:37 AM
i enjoy reading your post I'm motivate to make my own blog thanks!.

ipad Cable on Monday, November 12, 2012 1:28 AM
Thank the people, are learning the party, the feeling is lovely human Your post is very good. Thank you, very good study, let me benefit a lot..............

led light bulbs on Friday, November 16, 2012 12:23 AM
Writing is pretty good, let me learn a lot.I realize there are many places insufficient

Outil de Scan Automobile on Sunday, December 09, 2012 10:13 PM
Automobile Scanner Outil De Diagnostic Diagnostic A la recherche de Automobile Scanner Outil De Diagnostic Diagnostic qui vous intéressent ?

Lenovo S680 on Monday, December 10, 2012 1:17 AM
there are some recomasdasdmended Maryland, and its common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchang

essay writing on Friday, December 14, 2012 8:43 AM
Well... that's interessting but to be honest i have a hard time figuring it... wonder how others think about this..

write my essay on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:52 AM
I've heard many times in many places that you shouldn't live and die simply by the scale and that you should instead plot your daily weight on an average curve that smoothes out the daily fluctuations in weight.

erwerw on Saturday, December 22, 2012 3:58 AM

writing a essay on Tuesday, December 25, 2012 2:20 AM
Your article is really superb. Eagerly waiting for your next post in this category.

www.idealscorp.com on Friday, December 28, 2012 6:45 AM
Thank you for taking such type healthy point on bridal makeup and skin care.

Newman N2 on Friday, January 18, 2013 3:28 AM
This post was very well written, and it also contains a lot of useful facts. I enjoyed your distinguished way of writing the post. Thanks, you have made it easy for me to understand.

Michael Kors Sale on Sunday, January 20, 2013 10:19 PM

Welcome to our Michael Kors Outlet shop. All of Michael Kors Handbags are high quality and low price. About the Michael Kors Outlet Online payment, we offer you convenient Click Here payment western union. With multiple interior Michael kors Handbags pockets, this quilted Michael Kors Bags is finished with a detachable shoulder Michael Kors Sale strap with chain link details.Besides, if you choose Click Here, you will get extra 10% off. Enjoy www.michaelkorshandbagsonline.com your shopping here now! www.michaelkorsoutlet2us.com
The Michael Kors Bags bring unlimited Michael Kors Sale imagination to modern women in your life. The modern Michael Kors Handbags woman who love Michael Kors Outlet Online would have a big favor Michael Kors Sale for our products, most Michael Kors Outlet style of Click Here products are simple and clear, Michael Kors Bags is best known for designing Click Here classic. Everyone knows Michael Kors Outlet can let you pleasant and comfortable. And Michael Kors Handbags Outlet are popular in the market, if you want to keep www.michaelkorsbagsonlinex.com popular for people please Click Here, you should not miss them. www.michaelkorssaleoutletx.com is modern and elegant and you will love www.michaelkorsx.com right now!

Hermes Belt is the constant pursuit of innovation and Hermes Belt Sale international enterprises. In our website www.hermesbeltsell.com you can found that we had selected Hermes Birkin like most everyone as our main push projects. Hermes Belt many people think that the Hermes Belt Sale for profound thinking, Cheap Hermes Belt high quality, content rich, exquisite workmanship www.hermesbelts.biz and art. From Hermes Bag classic calf skins, including Hermes Bracelet we have an extensive range of new Hermes Belt season and traditional colour ways at our www.hermesbagmall.com shop. Both exteriors Hermes Birkin Bag are in excellent condition and feature an Hermes Kelly Bag interchangeable black barenia leather trim top Hermes Belt closure with silver www.hermesbagshopsvip.com to see more bags.
The Hermes Bag packet of Kelly Bags Replica manufacture fine, earned the Europe and America is still the girls in the star Hermes Birkin Bag consistent love. Hermes Handbag are known to be durable and stylish all designers want www.hermesbagstorevip.com design can sell well.
The North Face Outlet is the hard to beat. You can get the North Face Outlet items at a big discount you like at our North Face Sale jacket. Take Action www.thenorthfaceoutlet2us.com Now!

Our smallest Sonic Clarisonic Mia Skin Cleansing System, the one-button, one-speed Clarisonic Mia Sale comes in a variety of colors and fits your active lifestyle, Clarisonic Mia 2 offering beautiful skin at home or abord. To use the Clarisonic Mia, first you need to wet your skin and apply your favorite www.clarisonicmia2outlet.com cleanser to the brush head. A circular Clarisonic Outlet motion helps extract residue from your skins pores. People complimented Clarisonic Outlet about the item for having save up to 20%. www.clarisonicmiasaleshop.com

Grossiste Lingerie on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:00 AM
I was never bored as I read along your post content. A newly added insight for me. Keep on posting.

sous vetement sexy on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:08 AM
its a lovely web site ,i would like it , I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us. iwill be back soon.

Deguisement Sexy on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 4:10 AM
It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us. i will be back soon. Thanks for sharing.

bedove x12 on Friday, February 01, 2013 4:55 AM
a review of its use in surgery and other indications which might be exbedove x12 pressed by brands renowned for quality

Rare Jordans on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:30 AM
All of you have a very good amazing webpage your intention is this particular!

elm327 on Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:24 PM
XP-STAR(Auto-Link Blue STAR) realizes all the functions of official factory BENZ Star2000: reading out and erasing trouble code; reading the real-time data of sensor and actuator; coding and programming. It applies the latest high-tech central gateway system of car model 221/211 and 203 with software version updated to October of 2006, can enter all the Benz cars, such as autobus truck, saloon car, sports car, smart car and so on.feng

Eric Staal Jersey on Monday, March 18, 2013 3:43 AM

termpaperswriter.org on Monday, March 18, 2013 7:05 AM
Your blog is really nice. If I may share some insight, traffic studies on blogs show most people read blogs on Mondays.

celine handbags on Friday, March 29, 2013 1:14 AM

Customers' friends from celine handbags, founded the online-only marketplace in 2010 as a way for emerging fashion and coach outlet designers to rise above the big-box din and connect with their customers on a personal level. Rounding out the highlights are the celine - a nylon-poly button-front coach bag with embroidered lettering on both chest and back - along with a lightweight cotton watch cap in a handful of neutral colors.The unique "stony" skin and bejeweled head help set this cheap celine bags ($203) apart from other celine bags. She's a true English rose known and loved by millions of coach store online bags around the world.We've got coach store online fever pretty bad around here, so this coach outlet was the perfect way to prepare for warm weather and sunshine (even though we've still got snow on the ground!These tanger outlets coach factory outlet were taken on the ride back to coach outlet stores yesterday morning! And that's the beauty of celine and coach. Coach outlet print has all the beautiful, feminine intricacy of a lacy pattern, but zero threat of snagging on your celine bag or coach wallet and really anything even remotely sharp.

wedding dresses on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 3:28 AM
bridesmaid dresses online,cheap ball gown wedding dresses,prom dresses,wedding dresses,cheap prom dresses,cheap wedding dresses

web design company uk on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:02 AM
I am impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here.

chan luu on Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:29 AM

If you didn't know that there was rose butter in this cream, one whiff and there is no mistaking it. It's an inspiring, uplifting chan luu designed to motivate you to make positive changes in your life, sans the chan luu motivational speaker nonsense.The 80s-inspired "Marc By Marc Jacobs Clutch" kit includes 3 neutral shimmers and a teal shadow, cherry coach purses,blush and mascara. Our own Megs was just recently debating whether to keep or return her own chan luu bracelet - no word on her final verdict just yet.Accompanying Blunt at the star-studded gala was her husband, The http://www.usitccoachpurses.net coach outlet store, who buttoned up in a bespoke Tom Ford tuxedo derived from coach purses outlet-certified wool.That means if she doesn't like it, there's no cost to return it. After all, we think that the hard-but-handcrafted look of the Marc Jacobs Sale translates quite well to the little metal http://www.marcjacobssale.co.uk Marc Jacobs UK that have been popping up from coach outlet in recent seasons.Set in a future in which humanity mastered interplanetary spaceflight, an alien lifeform, dubbed cheap coach purses to its insect-like appearance, is discovered, leading to http://www.marcjacobsbagsstore.com marc jacobs bags store.Yes, it's probably a little pricey for your spring budget, but it's definitely a show-stopper and a worthy spring http://www.voguecoachoutlet.com coach outlet online piece.

covenant mortgage on Saturday, September 21, 2013 10:07 AM
What a beautifull site. Thanks for creating this blog.

Elegant Vip Models on Thursday, October 03, 2013 4:16 AM
its a beautiful computing machine ,i would am fond of it , i'm glad merely|that you just} simply shared North American nationeful|this beneficial} info with us. iwill be back presently.

site on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 1:23 AM
installation plus use instructions for example , using the liner if a single rises one of the skilled answer, however , really do not choose a solution your body

stron on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 10:54 PM
to u . s ., for that reason right after obtain, you can easily like the inflected interior Moreover, when we incorporate some more aged baby can at home was basically having fun with in any pen